Ramps & Portable Plates
ENERGY GUARD® Retrofit Kit
ENERGY GUARD® Retrofit Kits provide a superior perimeter seal along the sides and rear of your dock leveler and blocks dirt, debris, insects and most importantly prevents energy loss. The innovative design closes off the gaps between the dock leveler and concrete pit walls – typically missed by traditional weather seal or under-leveler seals attached to the front of the dock leveler. ENERGY GUARD prevents the mass flow of air, minimizing the transfer of heat and energy into and out of the facility.
- Primary Seal Assemblies positioned horizontally on both sides of the dock leveler to seal while the leveler is in the stored position or below dock level. Seal is made of triangular shaped open cell foam covered in reinforced black vinyl and attached using a 1” aluminum retaining bar.
- Triangular Shaped Seal & Pocket Design ensures longer product life by allowing the seals to pivot with the motion of the dock leveler during above and below dock operation versus scraping the concrete pit walls.
- Secondary Seal Assemblies have identical construction as the primary assemblies but are positioned at a downward angle in order to maintain the seal while the dock leveler is operating up to 9” above dock level.
- Rear Hinge Seal Assembly is constructed of durable 2-Ply material that is die cut to fit around the rear hinges of the dock leveler and capable of flexing during operation in order to block air flow at the rear of the dock leveler.
- Vertical Seal Assemblies close off any gaps that exist between the primary and secondary assemblies whether the dock leveler is stored or in operation above or below dock level.
- Brush Seal Assembly provides an additional layer of protection against infiltration of dust, dirt, insects or debris. The dense nylon brush is attached using an aluminum track for easy replacement.
- Brush Cup Seals are provided to restrict air flow through operating openings in the dock leveler deck.